Saturday, July 2, 2011

311 Block Party - July 6 (KWCH Wichita)

The 311 song “Amber” for some reason brings back a ton of nostalgia for me. I remember singing the song and honestly not even knowing what color amber was, which is maybe what made it so captivating. Now you might be thinking to yourself well they actually say it’s gold in the song. To this I have to say for whatever reason I have never been a huge lyrics person. I could listen to a song for 15 years and then one day finally realize oh I never even paid attention to the lyrics in this song… it’s more for me about the feel of the rhythm and sound of note choice.

Anyway, the point is that music to me is about how it takes over my emotions and makes me feel. For whatever reason, 311’s song “Amber” takes me away into a beautiful space. There’s just something about the reggae beats, the smooth guitar solos and effortless vocals that just sits well in the ear. 311 has a new album to be released this July 19 called “Universal Pulse. Their newest single released June 3 “Sunset in July” is distinguishably 311. Meaning having been around since 1988, 311 is staying true to its roots with cool beats, smooth vocals and of course catchy guitar riffs.

This all brings me to your chance to see 311 live right here in Wichita is THIS WEDNESDAY, July 6 at 8 p.m. outside The Orpheum. So if your looking for something to do this week…I say check out the 311 Block Party outside The Orpheum!

Source: http://articles.kwch.com/2011-07-02/lyrics_29732041

No comments:

Post a Comment