Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Unity Tour feat. Sublime With Rome and 311 at Festival Pier in Philadelphia 7.26.11

The first time I saw 311 perform, I was only a few weeks finished with my freshman year of high school. I remember piling into the car with a bunch of my friends and heading to what used to be known as the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, Ma. It was the first time I was really going to a concert with friends. I was a rookie at the whole concert-going thing. I wasn’t sure what to expect and I didn’t know how to act, all I knew was that I was really freakin excited. Neither 311 or The Roots (whom they performed with) had been a staple in my music library. And, to be honest, I was so new at the whole music thing that I didn’t have much good music in my library at that point anyways. I fell in love with that concert and continue to listen to both bands on a regular basis. I am not sure if it was the music or if it was the fact that I had this new wave of independence and excitement about life that gave me such fond memories about these bands, but I don’t think that the reason is as important as the feeling. This memory is what made shooting this show so special for me. If someone in that packed full car had turned around to me and told me that eight years later I would be photographing the band I was about to see I would have given them a look of utter confusion. I hadn’t even picked up a camera at that point. But, life surprises you. 311 did not disappoint. They performed an even better show than when I first saw them almost a decade ago. I would recommend for anyone to go see this band, listen to their music, and enjoy these photos!

http://rachaelcerrotti.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/810/

No comments:

Post a Comment