Thursday, August 11, 2011

311 outdoes themselves at Pow Wow Festival (Surf Rhythm)

311 played four sets in two days, which is approximately 6 hours of performing live in 90 plus degree heat. Sure it was evening time when they played, but still it was hot. I got tired just standing there watching, so I can’t imagine what it must have been like for Nick, S.A., P-Nut et al.

It was clear that despite the stellar lineup throughout the festival, most of the thousands of people enduring the heat, crowds and weird hippies were there for 311, naturally. It would take a book to cover their four sets in entirety, so I’ll get to the point. 311 played every song I wanted to hear, and I’m fairly certain most everyone there feels the same way. The one thing that everyone got wrong is guessing when they would play Transistor in its entirety.

Whether you love, like or are indifferent to 311′s music, their sets were performed with energy and conviction all the way through. They have become one of my favorite bands to see live because I know I’m going to see a top-notch show every time. I’ve never been a 311 freak, but I’ve listened to them since the beginning, and it’s refreshing to see a band harness its potential and greatness for so long; and clearly there is no stopping them any time soon. Thanks to 311 and their crew for pulling of a great festival. Here’s to hoping they do it all again next year.

http://www.surfrhythm.com/?p=1968

No comments:

Post a Comment