Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nick Hexum from 311 Delievers His Daughter in Dramatic Home Birth! (Babble)

311′s Nick Hexum and his wife did plan for an at-home birth for their second child. A midwife-assisted home birth, that is.

But, when his wife Nikki went into labor unexpectedly, it was Nick who had to step in and deliver the baby!
This was always my fear. I had really quick labors and I worried that I wouldn’t make it to the hospital. I don’t think my husband would have stayed calm under pressure the way that Nick did.

The baby’s head came out, but then the delivery was stalled. Nick remembered from his other daughter’s birth that sometimes the baby’s shoulder could get stuck, so he reached in and rotated the baby back and forth. Ouch.

When baby Maxine was born, she wasn’t moving. “I jiggled her around until I heard a ‘wahhh!’ It was an amazing moment,” Nick says.

The couple’s midwife showed up ten minutes after that and cut the cord.

Phew! What a dramatic birth! Congratulations to Nick Hexum and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment