Wednesday, April 12, 2000

311's Nick Hexum Reflects On The Big 3-0

Today is not just any old Wednesday for 311 frontman Nick Hexum. April 12 is Nicholas Hexum's birthday and this year marks a milestone for the singer as he turns 30 years old.

Hexum, whose band 311 released its fifth studio album, "Soundsystem," in October 1999, feels pretty good about where he is after three decades on this planet Earth. In a recent interview with the MTV Radio Network, the singer reflected on all that he has accomplished.

"I've packed so much into these 30 years," Hexum began. "Already I feel like really, rightfully, I should be about 60 for how much I've already experienced. I've always kind of had a feeling that as I got older I was going to find my voice as an artist more, and therefore, get more respect, and accomplish more of my goals."

Despite having already reached multi-platinum heights as the lead singer of 311, Hexum says he continues to look ahead.

"I don't see the past as being my glory times," he explained. "I see the future as being my glory times... and maybe I'm just fooling myself, but it works for me."

311 recently completed a spring tour with Jimmie's Chicken Shack and will head back out on the road for the summer with Incubus starting May 23rd in San Diego.

The Los Angeles-based band will also play two festivals at the end of the month; the Center City Festival in Charlotte, North Carolina on the April 28 and Edgefest in Dallas with Everclear, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Stroke 9 and more on April 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment